Personal Information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additional Personal Information we collect from users
If you subscribe to receive Ovio emails or other communications, book to attend any Ovio Mindfulness programme, become a facilitator, or fill out any form on the website, we collect additional Personal Information.
This additional Personal Information includes your first name, surname and email address. We refer to this information as “User Information.”
Your User Information is also processed by MailChimp, a secure third party email communication platform.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We use the User Information that we collect generally to fulfill any bookings or inquiries placed through the Site (including processing your payment information through secure third party vendors such as EventBrite). Additionally, we use this User Information to:
- Communicate with you; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
- Your Billing Information is not stored on the Site, it is processed through a secure third party vendor, such as EventBrite. You can read more about how EventBrite uses your Personal Information here: https://www.eventbrite.co.nz/privacypolicy.
- Your User Information is processed by MailChimp, a secure third party email communication platform. You can read more about how MailChimp uses your Personal Information here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/. You can also opt-out of email communications from us at any time by following the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the footer of our emails to you, or by sending us an unsubscribe request at email@example.com.
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Facilitator content and data we collect
Ovio Facilitators are able to publish Ovio-affiliated event information on the Ovio website. When making an inquiry or booking for these events, you will be directed off the Ovio website and to another website. While we do collect Device Information from traffic to our website, we do not collect User Information on our website from events run by Ovio Facilitators.
Marketing & Advertising
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
We try to curate this content to be relevant and valuable for the mindfulness and wellness community; however, if you are not happy with the content or advertising being served, you can opt out of targeted advertising via the following links:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Your rights if you are a ‘Data Subject’ residing in the EU
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you make an inquiry or booking through the Site, we will maintain your User Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.